Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Give the people what they want! (#s 46 & 10)

Well, despite the fact that I only have 9 "official" followers on this blog, a lot of people have been asking me to post more regularly. So, I figure... give the people what they want! My original intention was to only blog about the actual process of completing my list and so I didn't want to bombard anyone with my mundane thoughts, but the truth is... nothing about me or my thinking is mundane ; )
So today we'll start right back where I left off. #46 - Paint a painting. Yup, good ol' #46, which I now know also includes buying out the art supply store, turning my office into a studio, ruining 2 t-shirts, 2 tank tops, 2 pairs of leggings, 1 towel and a pair of shorts. Why I don't just keep wearing the same thing whenever I paint? I don't know.
Anyways, I did start to paint something... and I can't believe I actually have to post it, it's so embarassing; but it is part of the process and part of this wacky commitment I made, so here it goes. Just keep in mind, that it's not finished. IT'S A WORK IN PROGRESS. I don't know how to paint eyeballs. In fact I've TRIED to paint her eyeballs like 4 times, and have to keep painting over it in white and trying again. So, for now I'm putting the eyeballs on hold until I can get them right. Have you noticed I'm stalling? Babbling on and on and on when all you want to do is see the damn picture... Lol... don't judge me because I'm a terrible painter, love me because I tried.


I can't really explain the subject of the picture, to be honest. It's just what came to mind when I was sketching, so it's what I painted. I'm going to keep plugging away at her eyeballs (and hopefully she won't look so f-ing scary). I'll keep you posted!

Tonight you get 2 (count 'em 2) posts in 1.

My next # to tackle is #10 - Knit a Scarf... You know, it's starting to get brisk outside, and soon it'll be a necessity in my wardrobe. Now, in an ideal world, I'll be able to do something really cool. I'm thinking something a la Marc Jacobs...


Marc by Marc Jacobs Valley Sweater Scarf
But that looks long and may take too much time, so it'll probably be more like this...

Courtesy of millionlooks.com

But then again, I've never knitted, and truly have no idea what I'm doing, so it'll probably look more like this...


Guess what everyone's getting for Christmas? Lol...


2 comments:

  1. If you're looking for second-hand art appreciation, I'd say leave the eyes plain white. Sometimes, the absence of something makes it all the more defined. Something my mom mentioned while doing her degree in fine art comes to mind. Sometimes you can say way more visually than you want to by not trying to say anything at all. But she also told me the artist has the final say, so if you want eyes, paint eyes. The only opinion that matters is the artist, despite what critics say...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like pat's comments (very intelligent) and all....but I just had to add my two cents......
    it's Lady Gaga!!

    ReplyDelete