It's official... #7 can be scratched off the list!
Were Vanessa and I the only people that didn't know that coriander and cilantro are the same thing? Ya, so we scrapped it out at Loblaw's with the produce kid who actually ended up going into the back and bringing out a box of cilantro/coriander to prove both his point and the fact that we're idiots. Awesome feeling let me tell you.
So, as planned, we started off with some Fierce Mexican Mojitos. I honestly have no idea how many of those we ended up drinking, but let me tell you, they were Mmm Mmm Good. We had a whole Mojito station going and had the process down to a science.
These Mexican mojitos were serious business (Tequila is what makes them Mexican by the way), and that's all I have to sat about that.
Next to tackle was the main dish, Fish Tacos. Three words for you... Oh my God. I'd never had a fish taco before, but now I think I'm in love. Cod battered to perfection, fresh Pico de Gallo, the spiciest chipotle sauce, and warm tacos/tortillas.
|My own Chipotle, Jalapeno, Adobo creation...|
|Fresh Pico de Gallo|
|Beer Battered Cod|
|The Finished Product Part 1|
|The Finished Product Part 2|
|Dinner for Two|
|It make not look so pretty, but it was the BEST FLAN EVER!!|
I've really hoped that as I make my way through the list that I learn something new, that I make memories that will last and that I live life intentionally. So, what am I taking away from this experience, this Mexican Feast? Several things:
- Cilantro and coriander are the same thing.
- Just because the recipe says so, doesn't mean it is so.
- If it's that spicy going in, it's going to be that spicy going out. : )
- A raw avocado does NOT ripen if you put it in the toaster oven.
- If you actually clean while you cook (as opposed to just saying you will), the kitchen doesn't look like a disaster zone for the next 3 days.
- I truly have the best best-friend in the whole world. One who supports me, who trusts me and is trust-worthy, who laughs at all my jokes, and with who I can have an awesome time just talking, cooking and drinking the night away. I love her to bits and pieces.
|Super-cute Vanessa gettin down with fish|