Friday, September 17, 2010

# 7 - Cook an ethnic meal from scratch



As you may have now guessed, the plan is... Mexico. I'm aware that doesn't sound so complicated, but I'm 100% sure I'll attempt #7 several times this year, so you will certainly get something more exotic next time. I'm easing into things here... I'm also 100% sure that the process of making this meal with my best friend will serve for hours of entertainment (both ours and yours) - keep in mind, I'm doing this with the same girl that fell in the fountain at Louvre this summer, and the same girl with whom I blew out the rear window of a BMW X5 with a beer keg of all things 2 weeks ago*. Trust me, my follow-up post of the meal and how we got to it will surely keep your attention.

Menu:
Fierce Mexican Mojitos (a different twist on the traditional Cuban fare)
Fish Tacos w/ Pico de Gallo & Chipotle Dressing
Flan

If all goes as planned, the table should look something like...

Appetizer, Side Dish and Dessert - Mojito

Main Dish - Fish Taco's

Taco Topping - Pico de Gallo


Dessert - Flan

But then again, if I've learned anything thus far, it's that nothing ever goes according to plan... Will keep you posted. Wish me luck!








* I've come to the conclusion that God made her and I friends for a reason... he was bored with the mundane happenings and interactions on earth and thought it would serve a lifetime of joy and entertainment to watch the shenanigans her and I would come up with. For pure recreational purposes and to really show you what I mean, I'm including a photo of our Saturday morning 2 weeks ago when 1 of our beer kegs blew out the rear window.


No comments:

Post a Comment